“Speaking the Same Language: Role of Civil Society in Entrepreneurship Ecosystem" project is carried out within the framework of the Civil Society Dialogue Program funded by the European Union. Civil Society Dialogue is a programme bringing together civil society organisations from Turkey and the EU around common topics, to exchange knowledge and experience, and to build a sustained conversation between the organisations. The Programme is co-financed by the European Union and Republic of Turkey under Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA). The Ministry for European Union Affairs is the responsible institution for the technical implementation of the programme, while the Central Finance and Contracts Unit is the Contracting Authority of the Programme. For more information about the Civil Society Dialogue Program, please follow http://civilsocietydialogue.org.
Name of the grant program: Supporting Civil Society Dialogue Between EU and Turkey Grant Scheme (CSD-V)
Project name: Speaking the Same Language: Role of Civil Society in Entrepreneurship Ecosystem
Project duration: 15 months
Project budget: 222.174,80 EUR
Grant amount: 199,957.32 EUR
Joint Association (NGO, Italy)
No Borders Association (NGO, Italy)
Antalya Center of Support for EU Studies Association (NGO, Turkey)
Antalya Bilim University
Mehmet Akif Ersoy University
Süleyman Demirel University
Why this project?
• Our education system is based on knowledge rather than skills. Therefore, it is not focused on strengthening the skills of young people or providing them guidance based on their skills.
• The youth unemployment rate in our country reached 25.2% with an increase of 7.5 points according to the TUIK March 2019 Labor Force data. This means that 1 out of 4 young people is unemployed.
• The knowledge and skills acquired by young people in schools do not match those of the business world. Therefore, in order to compete in today's business world, skills such as entrepreneurship, communication, teamwork, and creative thinking shall be strengthened.
• There is a need for guidance support that can lead our young people to new professions of our age and while matching with their knowledge and skills.
• As ANSİAD, we want to enhance our 17 years of work in the field of entrepreneurship to an international level and to establish new collaborations.
• There are valuable works in the field of entrepreneurship, but we need to act together with NGOs, public institutions, universities and private institutions in order to make a strong impact.
• In this context, we need networks and platforms that encourage cooperation, sharing of experience and good practices among NGOs.
Goals of our project:
• To establish a sustainable dialogue and cooperation between Turkish and European NGOs, public institutions, universities and private institutions to support youth entrepreneurship;
• To develop a common understanding and innovative methods on how to support youth career development and entrepreneurship skills;
• To support innovation, entrepreneurship and the development of personal and professional capacities of young people.
What are we doing?
1) Needs Analysis:
With the support of Akdeniz University Technology Transfer Office, a needs analysis to 100 NGOs on "What do young people need to develop their entrepreneurship and innovation skills?" is done.
2) Italy study visit (1-5 July 2019):
In this study visit, we monitored NGOs in Milan, Italy – what they do on entrepreneurship, angel investors, career development, etc.; which networks they are involved in; which good practices they carried out. In this context, a team of 10 people, consisting of ANSİAD members, project team and academicians, visited Milan on 1-5 July 2019.
3) Establishment of "Innovative Thinking and Entrepreneurship Atelier" (maker lab) in cooperation with Muratpaşa Municipality:
By signing a protocol with Muratpaşa Municipality, an atelier is established within Abdullah Sevimçok Civil Society and Innovation Center, where at least 100 young people and 20 NGOs will benefit. The atelier has 3D printers, CNC machines, laser cutters, various prototyping equipment and materials; and it offers young people the opportunity to bring their ideas to life while promoting creative thinking.
4) Developing a training module for young people:
Many young people in our country make their university and life choices without knowing what they really want, what they are capable of and what kind of different fields they can follow. In order to support them in this process, a training module including topics such as "Get to know yourself", "Entrepreneurship", "Design Thinking", "New Professions", "Creativity", " Creating a Learning Plan and a Career Map" is developed.
5) International Entrepreneurship Camp:
The training modüle will be implemented in an international entrepreneurship camp around the theme of "Make a Change" with participation of 30 young people from Turkey and Europe. During the camp, many different sessions are held in order to strengthen entrepreneurial skills of young people.
6) International Entrepreneurship Days:
A Hackathon is organized right after the camp, where 30 European and 100 Turkish young people will participate, and they will realize their ideas with training and support from experts and mentors within 48 hours.
7) Training of Trainers:
Within the scope of our project, a training of trainers will be organized for 10 teachers and 10 NGO representatives who support young people in the field of entrepreneurship and career orientation at schools and NGOs. Within the scope of the training, topics such as "Communicating with Z generation", "Working with disadvantaged young people", "Supporting young people to develop learning and career maps", "Skill based career guidance", etc. are covered.
8) Mapping the entrepreneurship ecosystem:
A map of NGOs working in the field of entrepreneurship, maker labs, high schools, municipalities, youth centers, universities, etc. will be made within the scope of our project in order to see which organisation is doing what in the field.
It is aimed to increase cooperation by establishing an entrepreneurship network with 100 institutions working in the field of entrepreneurship throughout the project.
10) International Seminar: The Role of Civil Society in Entrepreneurship Ecosystem:
Our project ends with an international seminar entitled “The Role of Civil Society in Entrepreneurship Ecosystem”. A total of 50 institutions working in the field of entrepreneurship will come together from Europe and Turkey at the seminar.
The target groups of our project:
• "100 young people from 20 NGOs and 3 universities benefiting from the Innovative Thinking and Entrepreneurship Atelier
• 30 young people from Italy and Turkey participating in the International Camp
• 20 NGOs that send their members to the Training of Trainers
• 100 institutions that will become members of the entrepreneurship network
• 50 NGOs participating in the international seminar
• 30 European and 100 Turkish participants in the International Entrepreneurship Days
• Young people between the ages of 9-25
• Civil society / public / private organizations that will join the entrepreneurship network
• NGOs, schools, youth centers, municipalities working in the field of youth career development, innovation and entrepreneurship
This website was created and maintained with the financial support of the European Union. Its contents are the sole responsibility of Antalya Industrialists and Business People Association (ANSIAD) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Union.